温馨提示:
1. 部分包含数学公式或PPT动画的文件,查看预览时可能会显示错乱或异常,文件下载后无此问题,请放心下载。
2. 本文档由用户上传,版权归属用户,汇文网负责整理代发布。如果您对本文档版权有争议请及时联系客服。
3. 下载前请仔细阅读文档内容,确认文档内容符合您的需求后进行下载,若出现内容与标题不符可向本站投诉处理。
4. 下载文档时可能由于网络波动等原因无法下载或下载错误,付费完成后未能成功下载的用户请联系客服处理。
网站客服:3074922707
2023
新概念
英语
第二
课文
05477
新概念英语第二册课文05477
Lesson 1 A private conversation 私人谈话
Last week I went to the theatre. 上星期我去看戏。
I had a very good seat.我的座位很好,
The play was very interesting. 戏很有意思,
I did not enjoy it.但我却无法欣赏。
A young man and a young woman were sitting behind me.
一青年男子与一青年女子坐在我的身后,
They were talking loudly. 大声地说着话。
I got very angry. 我非常生气,
I could not hear the actors. 因为我听不见演员在说什么。
I turned round. 我回过头
I looked at the man and the woman angrily.怒视着那一男一女,
They did not pay any attention. 他们却毫不理会。
In the end, I could not bear it. 最后,我忍不住了,
I turned round again. 又一次回过头去,
'I can't hear a word!' I said angrily.
生气地说:“我一个字也听不见了!〞
‘It’s none of your business,' the young man said rudely.
'This is a private conversation!'.
“不关你的事,〞那男的毫不客气地说,“这是私人间的谈话!〞
Lesson 2 Breakfast or lunch 早餐还是午餐?
It was Sunday. 那是个星期天,
I never get up early on Sundays. 而在星期天我是从来不早起的,
I sometimes stay in bed until lunch time.
有时我要一直躺到吃午饭的时候。
Last Sunday I got up very late. 上个星期天,我起得很晚。
I looked out of the window. 我望望窗外,
It was dark outside. 外面一片昏暗。
'What a day!' I thought. “鬼天气!〞我想,
'It's raining again.' “又下雨了。〞
Just then, the telephone rang. 正在这时, 铃响了。
It was my aunt Lucy. 是我姑母露西打来的。
' I've just arrived by train,' “我刚下火车,〞
she said. 'I'm coming to see you.' 她说,“我这就来看你。〞
'But I'm still having breakfast,'“但我还在吃早饭,〞我说。
I said.'What are you doing' “你在干什么?〞她问道。
she asked. ‘I’m having breakfast,' I repeated.
“我正在吃早饭,〞我又说了一遍。
'Dear me,' she said. “天啊,〞她说,
'Do you always get up so late “你总是起得这么晚吗?
It's one o'clock!''现在已经1点钟了!〞
Lesson 3 Please send me a card 请给我寄一张明信片
Postcards always spoil my holidays.明信片总搅得我假日不安宁。
Last summer, I went to Italy. 去年夏天,我去了意大利。
I visited museums and sat in public gardens.
我参观了博物馆,还去了公园。
A friendly waiter taught me a few words ofItalian.
一位好客的效劳员教了我几句意大利语,
'Then he lent me a book. 之后还借给我一本书。
I read a few lines, 我读了几行,
but I did not understand a word. 但一个字也不懂。
Every day I thought about postcards.我每天都想着明信片的事。
My holidays passed quickly, 假期过得真快,
but I did not send any cards to my friends.
可我还没有给我的朋友们寄过一张明信片。
On the last day到了最后一天,
I made a big decision. 我作出了一项重大决定。
I got up early and bought thirty-seven cards.
我早早起了床,买来了37张明信片。
I spent the whole day in my room, 我在房间里关了整整一天。
but I did not write a single card! 然而竟连一张明信片也没写成!
Lesson 4 An exciting trip 冲动人心的旅行
I have just received a letter from my brother, Tim.
我刚刚收到弟弟蒂姆的来信,
He is in Australia. 他正在澳大利亚。
He has been there for six months. 他在那儿已经住了6个月了。
Tim is an engineer. 蒂姆是个工程师,
He is working for a big firm and he has already visited a great number of different places in Australia.
正在为一家大公司工作,并且已经去过澳大利亚的不少地方了。
He has just bought an Australian car and has gone to Alice Springs, 他刚买了一辆澳大利亚小汽车,
a small town in the centre of Australia.
现在去了澳大利亚中部的小镇艾利斯斯普林斯。
He will soon visit Darwin. 他不久还将到达尔文去,
From there, he will fly to Perth. 从那里,他再飞往珀斯。
My brother has never been abroad before,
我弟弟以前从未出过国,
so he is finding this trip very exciting.
因此,他觉得这次旅行非常冲动人心。
Lesson 5 No wrong numbers 无错号之虞
Mr. James Scott has a garage in Silbury
詹姆斯·斯科特先生在锡尔伯里有一个汽车修理部,
and now he has just bought another garage in Pinhurst.
现在他刚在平赫斯特买了另一个汽车修理部。
Pinhurst is only five miles from Silbury,
平赫斯特离锡尔伯里只有5英里,
but Mr. Scott cannot get a telephone for his new garage,
但詹姆斯·斯科特先生未能为他新的汽车修理部搞到一部 机,
so he has just bought twelve pigeons. Yesterday,
所以他买了12只鸽子。昨天,
a pigeon carried the first message from Pinhurst to Silbury.
一只鸽子把第一封信从平赫斯特带到锡尔伯里。
The bird covered the distance in three minutes.
这只鸟只用了3分钟就飞完了全程。
Up to now, 到目前为止,
Mr. Scott has sent a great many requests for spare parts and other urgent messages from one garage to the other.
斯科特先生从一个汽车修理部向另一个发送了大量索取备件的信件和其他紧急函件。
In this way, 就这样,
he has begun his own private telephone service.
他开始了自己的私人“ 〞业务。
Lesson 6 Percy Buttons 珀西·巴顿斯
I have just moved to a house in Bridge Street.
我刚刚搬进了大桥街的一所房子。
Yesterday a beggar knocked at my door.
昨天一个乞丐来敲我的门,
He asked me for a meal and a glass of beer.
问我要一顿饭和一杯啤酒。
In return for this, 作为回报,
the beggar stood on his head and sang songs.
那乞丐头顶地倒立起来,嘴里还唱着歌。
I gave him a meal. 我给了他一顿饭。
He ate the food and drank the beer.
他把食物吃完,又喝了酒。
Then he put a piece of cheese in his pocket and went away.
然后把一块乳酪装进衣袋里走了。
Later a neighbor told me about him.
后来,一位邻居告诉了我他的情况。
Everybody knows him. His name is Percy Buttons.
大家都认识他,他叫珀西·巴顿斯。
He calls at every house in the street once a month and always asks for a meal and a glass of beer.
他每月对这条街上的每户人家光临一次,总是请求给他一顿饭和一杯啤酒。